Monday, April 19, 2010

A beautiful day

I feel like I'm literally walking around in a cartoon today... sun shining, birds singing, blue sky, and I could be walking around with little hearts floating above my head.  It's beautiful out.

The Boy doesn't have homework tonight, because they have some big standardized test tomorrow, so after I picked him up, I suggested we come outside and write.  He's working on a new story, and it's been longer than I meant for it to be before I came back to our blog. 

So we walked in the house, put down our stuff, and now we're outside.  Gorgeous.  The Boy's got a pad of paper, trying to figure out how to get it going.  I've got my trusty computer.  I love this machine.  It keeps me connected to You. 

Since I last wrote, we had ourselves a nice little family Easter.  The Honey bought and cooked up a ham, which I LOVE, and we hid a basket for The Boy.  Very chill day, but I loved it.  We took some nice family pics out here in the yard. 

Spring Break was the week after.  The Boy and I didn't do anything too remarkable during the week... just kind of hung out.  He had a playdate with his best friend, which is always nice.  They get along really well.  On Friday, though, we drove back to MD to have a very short visit with my mom. stepdad and sister.  We made an attempt at cleaning up some of my stuff and moving it out, and The Boy got to spend some Qtime with his aunt, which he loved.  It was too short a trip for everyone, but we missed The Honey and The Dog and The Cat, so it felt good to come home too. 

I brought home some hosta plants from my mom's backyard.  We'll see if I can make them work in this little thing I'm trying to call a garden. 

Ok, guess this isn't happening today.  The Boy isn't settling into any kind of groove, so I think we're done with the writing for now.  Hopefully I'll be back in a few days.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment